Demonstrating ways for more ethical and conscientious business and marketing.
The marketing area within the School of Business at George Mason University produces innovative research, delivers cutting-edge courses, and works on diverse marketing issues related to people and organizations.
The world is witnessing a fundamental shift in what consumers and key stakeholders expect from organizations and how organizations connect with them. The marketing area faculty continuously adapt their research and curriculum to align with these shifts.
The School of Business’ marketing curriculum underscores:
- Business (both for-profit and not-for-profit) problems require an interdisciplinary lens and marketing provides a unique and important perspective.
- Understanding the needs and wants of consumers, often with the use of marketing research and analytics, is the key to organizational success.
- Sustainable competitive advantage rests on strong relationships with consumers, which derives from a keen understanding of consumer and business decision making.
- Marketing can be a powerful force for creating a better world and a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive society.
In alignment with the vision of the School of Business, the marketing area:
- Invests in professional development of faculty, enabling advancements in marketing knowledge and pedagogy.
- Creates a stimulating and experiential learning environment for students at different stages of learning.
- Builds relationships with marketing professionals and organizations, connecting them with students and providing them with solutions to some of their key problems.
Teaching Focused Faculty
Marketing Area Research
- September 20, 2022
- May 2, 2022
- April 7, 2022
- March 24, 2022
- February 15, 2022
Marketing Faculty Media Mentions
- September 14, 2022
- September 8, 2022
- August 25, 2022
- August 8, 2022
- July 26, 2022