If you want to make an impact in the world through your business education, the Impact Fellows Program is for you.
Based on the core belief that business should be a force for good in the world, the Impact Fellows program provides an opportunity to deepen your classroom experience, build a community of students and mentors who share your interests, and explore issues of sustainable business and the global challenges of our time.
The Impact Fellows Program gives you the opportunity to expand your networks and build the skills needed to thrive as a well-rounded leader in today’s complex world. Through a comprehensive two-year program, you will learn about the UN Global Goals as a framework for the biggest challenges facing society and learn about how business can thrive while creating economic, social, and environmental value. The connections you make during this program will enable you to expand your interests, kickstart your career, and realize your full potential. Participating in the program will open doors throughout your time at Mason and beyond.
As a Business for an Impact Fellow, you will:
- Receive guidance and support from a variety of personalized mentors, including professionals, faculty, and peers.
- Participate in a shared learning and community-building experience as a member of the Fellows cohort, navigating Mason alongside peers with similar passions.
- Gain hands-on experience in tackling global issues through a wide range of co-curriculars.
- Engage in action-oriented partnerships with local organizations and communities.
- Investigate and address a social issue you're passionate about.
- Impact Fellows students must participate in a minimum of 6 co-curricular activities throughout the 2-year program. The Impact Fellows would be able to choose from a wide selection of activities that best fit their interests. A few examples of our co-curricular activities are:
- Community Services Projects
- Social Impact Research Projects
- Off-Campus Trips
- Guest Speakers
- Career-focused Workshops
- Impact Fellows students would go on a 5-day domestic trip design to give students a hands-on experience while connecting with local organizations and communities during their first spring break in the program. The residency trip will be fully paid for by the Impact Fellows Program.
- Students can opt out of the residency requirement by completing a qualifying internship.
- Impact Fellows will complete the two required courses for the Globally Responsible Business Practices minor.
- Required courses for all Impact Fellows to enroll as a cohort: BUS 295 (Spring) & BUS 325 (Fall)
- Additional minor electives will be chosen by the individual students based on their interests from the approved list of courses.
- As an Impact Fellow, students will receive a professional mentor, a faculty mentor, and a peer mentor. This mentor network will support and guide Fellows throughout the program, helping them to discover their passions and how best to pursue them. Personalized mentorship is a valuable resource as they navigate college and their future career path and is at the heart of the Impact Fellows program.
Become an Impact Fellow Today!
Application to join the 2023-2024 Impact Fellows cohort is now open until January 10, 2024. Start your application by clicking the link below. Admission decisions will be notified to students via email. For any questions, please contact us at IFP@gmu.edu.
Why Impact Fellows?
Get Involved through Be the Change
Be the Change is a collaborative hub for innovative minds and passionate changemakers with a drive to make a positive community impact. Started by a group of Impact Fellows, Be the Change is open to all majors. Guided by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), the organization executes innovative, community-facing projects each year.
Be the Change is growing its network on campus through numerous collaborative projects, aiming to increase the sustainability focus on Mason's campus through events like workshops, speaker series, challenges, trips, and more. Members of Be the Change have the opportunity to gain experience in leadership, volunteering, networking, and sustainability in action.