Interested in our faculty expertise for an upcoming piece? Contact Benjamin Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, You Can Quote That
Our faculty are sought out by the media for their expertise on a variety of topics.
Here's the latest:
- February 19, 2024Einav Hart, an assistant professor of management, is quoted on her research in METRO.
- February 15, 2024In this BNN Breaking article, research conducted by Assistant Professor of Management Einav Hart of George Mason University, along with Eric M. VanEpps of Vanderbilt University and Daniel A. Yudkin and Maurice E. Schweitzer of the University of Pennsylvania delves into how divulging someone else's secret can significantly tarnish one's reputation, even when intentions are rooted in honesty or moral obligations.
- February 12, 2024Seb Demirkan, an associate professor of accounting, is quoted as an expert in WalletHub's 2024 Cheap Car Insurance in Virginia article.
- February 2, 2024Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer wrote about the wide variance between the top and bottom money-market mutual funds in this Wall Street Journal article.
- January 22, 2024Russell Abratt, a professor of marketing, is quoted as an expert in WalletHub's 2024 Farmers Insurance Review.
- January 18, 2024Laurie A. Meamber, an associate professor of marketing, is quoted as an expert in WalletHub's 2024 Farmers Insurance Review.
- January 14, 2024Research by Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer and Mason finance students was cited in this Financial Times article.
- Friday Footnotes: The PCAOB-to-Practice Pipeline and Audit Quality; Ball Extension; Tim Ryan’s ReplacementJanuary 12, 2024Assistant Professor of Accounting Steve Maex's research on former regulators as auditors was covered in Going Concern's weekly roundup of stories from around the accounting profession.
- January 11, 2024Assistant Management Professor Einav Hart's research was cited in an article in The Economist about how managers should balance competition and co-operation.
- January 10, 2024In this article for AACSB Insights, JK Aier, Crystal Fickers, Rebecca Howick, Ajay Vinzé write about how the he SOAR Initiative at the Costello College of Business at George Mason University will provide holistic entrepreneurial training to three populations of aspiring entrepreneurs: refugees and immigrants, people of low socioeconomic status, and residents of rural and emerging communities.
- January 8, 2024Management Professor Kevin Rockmann provided expertise on telework to Politifact.
- January 5, 2024Sarah Wittman, assistance professor of management, spoke to the Washington Business Journal about why employees choose to stay with less-than-ideal employers.