Assistant Professor, Finance
Additional Roles: Master's of Science in Finance Program Director
Phone: (703) 993-5496
Office Location: Van Metre Hall 432
Office Hours: By appointment
Requeijo is an assistant professor of finance in the Costello College of Business at George Mason University, where he teaches courses in managerial economics, risk management, and portfolio management.
Before joining George Mason University, Requeijo was a director at The Rock Creek Group, a global investment and advisory firm based in Washington, D.C. He also spent two years with the Securities and Exchange Commission as an Economic Fellow in the Division of Risk, Strategy, and Financial Innovation. In that position, he focused on quantitative risk assessment for broker-dealers and worked on rules connected to the Dodd-Frank Act.
Prior to his work at the SEC, Requeijo was an associate in the Market Risk Management and Analysis group at Goldman Sachs in New York, where he focused on value-at-risk and stress testing for equity products. He has also worked as a quantitative analyst at The Options Clearing Corporation and at ING Investment Management.
- Phd - Mathematics, Stanford University
- MS - Mathematics, Stanford University
- BS - Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal
Research and Awards
- Received an Outstanding Faculty Award from George Mason’s School of Business MBA Program in 2016.
- Received the Outstanding Faculty Award for the MS in Management Program from George Mason School of Business in 2015.