Assistant Professor, Information Systems and Operations Management
Phone: (703) 993-1198
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 108
Office Hours: By Appointment
Dr. Siddharth Bhattacharya is an assistant professor in the Information Systems and Operations Management Area at the School of Business, George Mason University. Before joining George Mason University, Dr. Bhattacharya completed his Ph.D. from Temple University’s Fox School of Business in 2021. Siddharth’s research focuses on how firms utilize digital information strategies to increase reach, establish relationships with stakeholders, and influence consumer decision making. Dr. Bhattacharya also holds an MBA from Indian School of Business and a Bachelor’s in Computer Science Engineering from India. Dr. Bhattacharya’s work has been published in premiere journals such as Information Systems research among others. He has also presented his work in many reputed conferences including CIST, ICIS, WISE, WITS, CODE@MIT, Marketing Scienceamong others.
Dr. Bhattacharya is an active member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), the Association of Information Systems (AIS), and the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS).
- Digitization and Online Consumer Behavior
- Business Analytics
- Digital and Search Engine Advertising
- Social Networks and Platform Strategies
- PhD –Information Systems, Fox School of Business, Temple University
- MBA–Marketing and Strategy, Indian School of Business
- Bachelors – Computer Science Engineering, India
Research and Awards
Research in Press:
- Published journal article ”Competitive Poaching in Search Advertising: Two Field Experiments” (along with Jing Gong, Sunil Wattal) Information Systems Research ISSN 1526-5536
- Published journal article “How Network Embeddedness Affects Real-Time Performance Feedback: An Empirical Investigation” (along with Maria Petryk, Michael Rivera, Liangfei Qiu, Subodha Kumar) Information Systems Research ISSN 1526-5536
- Published journal article “When Keyword Poaching Pays Off”. Harvard Business Review
- "A Context-Aware Recommendation System Considering Both User Preferences and Learned Behavior", US-PATENT 9,510,050
- "An Architecture for Real-time Television Audience Measurement", US-PATENT 9,510,759
- PhD and Beyond
- Winner of the Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award (Awarded by the Decision Science Institute annually to 1 recipient internationally)
- 2022 George Mason School of Business Outstanding Publication Recognition
- ICIS 2020 Doctoral Consortium Best Team Award
- Fox School 2020 Cochran Award for Excellence in Research by a PhD Student.
- Fox PhD Student Annual Evaluation (Overall High Pass - 2017, 2018,2019,2020).
- Fox PhD Annual Research Competition (First Place), 2017
- Fox PhD Annual Research Competition (Runner up), 2018
- Won the global CK Prahalad Case competition (2014) at Ross School of Business, Michigan.
- Second-runner up (3rd place) at the IRF Retail B plan competition (2014), Mumbai.
- ISB Merit list
- Two patents from industry research.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation (CIG) by TCS-R&D due to contribution towards the creation of intellectual property.
- Special Initiative Award at Barclays Bank.
- Journals: Information Systems Research (ISR), Production and Operations Management (POMS), Information Technology and management, European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS)
- Conferences: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Conference on Information Technology and Systems (CIST), Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS)
- Program Committee Member, Conference on Information Technology and Systems (CIST) 2021,2022
- Associate Editor, International Conference on Information Systems 2023
- Session Chair, Production and Operations Management (POMS) 2018-2022
- University Service: PhD Recruitment Committee 2022-2023
- Winning the Keyword Wars, School of Business News, January 26, 2022