Phone: (703) 993-9874
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 227
Office Hours: By appointment
Janet Faughnan is an instructor of accounting in the School of Business. She started teaching at George Mason University in fall 1992. She has a BSBA in accounting from Miami University and an MBA in finance from George Washington University. She holds an active CPA license in Virginia.
Now with over thirty-five years in professional accounting practice and accounting education, Faughnan began her accounting career with Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG) as a staff accountant. She remained in public accounting until she then began a career in banking and consulting. In her 24 years of experience at George Mason University, She has developed curriculum and teaches in both the graduate and undergraduate business programs. Her most recent curriculum development has been to transfer face to face courses to a variety of platforms to include hybrid, synchronous on line and asynchronous online. She currently coordinates the development of these platforms for the entire undergraduate accounting major. She has taught in the EMBA, MSM, MSA and undergraduate programs at George Mason. She also develops courses for industry leaders and executive education.
- Financial Accounting
- Individual Income Taxes
- MBA, George Washington University
- BSBA - Accounting, Miami University
Research and Awards
- Received a Teaching Award from CIA in 2016 and was nominated for a Teaching Award at the Distinguished Quill Awards Ceremony in 2016.
- Received a University Honor for the Beacon Survey Fall 2013 from George Mason’s Student Academic Affairs, Advising & Retention in 2015.
- Received a Teaching Award from The Central Intelligence Agency Office of Corporate Businesses in 2015.
- Was nominated for a University Service Award from University Career Services at George Mason University in recognition of outstanding impact on Mason Students' career goals, career plans and graduate school preparation in 2014.
- Received a University Service Award from Student Academic Affairs , Advising & Retentio. at George Mason University for the Beacon Survey Fall 2013.