Assistant Area Chair and Associate Professor, Business Foundations
Additional Roles: Dean's Teaching Faculty Fellow
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 128
Office Hours: By appointment
Cameron Harris joined George Mason in fall 2015. He has worked in higher education for seven years in a variety of roles including instructor, assistant director of leadership and professional development, and student development specialist.
Prior to pursuing a career in higher education, Harris worked for the federal government as an HR administrator.
- Ph.D. Higher Education, Indiana University
- MS - Higher Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University
- BA - Integrative Studies (Concentration: Organizational Administration), George Mason University
Research and Awards
- Presented the paper titled, “Black Doctoral Students' Views on Faculty Development and Academic Leadership” at the Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education in San Francisco, California in 2015.
- Presented the paper titled, “Thriving in a Doctoral Program: A Black Male Perspective” at the Student Affairs in Professionals in Higher Education (NASPA) in Indianapolis, Indiana in 2015.
- Presented the paper titled, “Cultivating Creative and Reflective Learners” at the 2016 Innovations in Teaching and Learning (ITL) conference in Fairfax, Virginia in 2016 (with coauthor Jackie Brown).
- December 15, 2021 - AACSB
Embracing the Complexity of DEI