Assistant Professor, Information Systems and Operations Management
Additional Roles: Dean's Scholar
Phone: (703) 993-1755
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 139
Office Hours: By appointment
Belal Abdelfattah joined George Mason University in Spring 2017 as an Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Operations Management. He completed his doctoral degree in International Business with a concentration in Information Systems from the University of Texas at El Paso.
Dr. Abdelfattah has served as a Visiting Assistant Professor in Computer Information Systems and Business Analytics at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, a Programmer Analyst at El Paso Community College, in El Paso, Texas, and as an Administrator for a pain management group in Dallas, Texas.
- Ph.D. – The University of Texas at El Paso
- M.B.A. – The University of Texas at El Paso
- B.B.A. – The University of Texas at El Paso
Research and Awards
Academic Conference Presentations
- Abdelfattah, B. (2019). Alexa, When is the Final Exam? Amazon Alexa for the Classroom and Beyond. Decision Sciences Institute, New Orleans, LA.
- Peters, A.N., Abdelfattah, B.M., Parra, F., & Seck, O. (2012) “Growing brand affinity: social media strategies for business,” Decision Sciences Institute, San Francisco, California.
- Abdelfattah, B. (2012) "Individual-Multinational Study of Internet Use: The Digital Divide Explained by Displacement Hypothesis and Knowledge-gap Hypothesis," Americas Conferences on Information Systems, Seattle, WA.
- Parra, F., Abdelfattah, B., & Bagchi, K. (2012) "Aesthetics in the Adoption of Information and Communication Technology," Americas Conferences on Information Systems, Seattle, WA.
- Abdelfattah, B, Bagchi, K., Udo, G., & Kirs, P. (2010), "Understanding the Internet Digital Divide: An Exploratory Multi-Nation Individual-Level Analysis," Americas Conferences on Information Systems, Lima, Peru.
- Abdelfattah, B. M., Mahmood, M. A., Gemoets, L. A., Luciano, E. (2009). Employee Computer Crime: An Empirical Research. Decision Sciences Institute, New Orleans, LA.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Abdelfattah B. M., Ablanedo-Rosas, J.M. and Gemoets L.A. (2011). Developing country efficiency assessment by means of a comprehensive model based on data envelopment analysis. International Journal of Society Systems Science. Accepted 11/2010.
- Outstanding Professor in Major: Information and Operations Management, GMU 2018-2019
- Outstanding Mason Core Writing Intensive Major Award, GMU - Spring 2019
- Nominated for the 2020 George Mason University Teaching Excellence Award