Associate Professor, Business Foundations
Additional Roles: Dean's Teaching Faculty Fellow
Phone: (703) 993-5067
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 126
Office Hours: By appointment
Alexandria Zylstra is an associate professor at George Mason University's School of Business, teaching several business law courses, as well as a gender law course. Professor Zylstra practiced as a family law attorney, and general practitioner, before beginning her full-time teaching career in 2002, and continues practicing law part-time.
Professor Zylstra has over 15 years of experience teaching business law to undergraduate students. Additionally, she has published several articles addressing the intersections between alternative dispute resolution, collaborative law, and business disputes, and has presented on topics including student assessment in online education, and student assessment of teaching.
- LL.M. . Dispute Resolution, University of Missouri
- J.D. - University of Missouri
- BA - Journalism, University of Missouri
Research and Awards
- Presented the working paper titled, “Revising Student Evaluations of Teaching: Merging S.E.T. Research with Stakeholder Expectations” at the AACU Project Kaleidoscope Regional Conference: Leadership and Collaboration Across Boundaries in Baltimore, Maryland in April 2017 (with co-author Lorraine V. Pierce).
- Presented the paper titled, “Collaborative Law and Business Disputes: A Marriage of Equals?” at the North East Academy of the Legal Studies of Business in Manchester, VT in 2016, and at the North Atlantic Regional Business Law Association Annual Conference in Lowell, Massachusetts in April 2015.
- Published an article titled, “Collaborative Law and Business Disputes: A Marriage of Equals?” in the Atlantic Law Journal in 2015.