Learn how to successfully participate in a globally diverse business environment
Engage in discussions on how diversity, inclusion, and cultural intelligence relate to business in a global setting by becoming a Global Engagement Scholar.
The Global Engagement Scholars Program is a semester-long series of workshops on topics such as cultural intelligence and cultural values, unconscious bias, and how to recognize these factors in the workplace. Session leaders are certified in Unconscious Bias and Cultural Intelligence training from the Cultural Intelligence Center. Students who complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and an honors cord to wear with graduation regalia.
- Identify and understand important dimensions of intercultural competence development
- Recognize and acknowledge your own biases and how they may impact relationships with others
- Develop valuable strategies for working with people who have different abilities, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors
- Prepare students to become professionals in a diverse workplace where collaboration in culturally diverse settings is necessary
i.Session I: Cultural Intelligence
ii.Session II: Cultural Values (who am I?)
iii.Session III: Cultural Competency (what’s around me?)
iv.Session IV: Unconscious Bias (how do I see the world?)
v.Session V: Career Readiness (how can I use this in my life?)
The semester-long program consists of seven mandatory sessions. Each student is required to participate in the Foundation and Core sessions.
Program applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- School of Business Student – Declared BS in Business major or minor
- No honor code violations
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
The application for the Spring 2024 cohort opens on November 1st, 2023. The deadline to apply is December 3rd, 2023. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-person cohort meets on Wednesdays 3:00-4:30 PM
Dates for the in-person cohort:
Virtual cohort meets on Thursdays 3:00-4:30 PM
Dates for the virtual cohort:
The School of Business recognizes the responsibility to engage students in diversity and inclusion conversations. The Global Engagement Scholars Program was developed in 2019 and launched Spring 2020. Read an article about the program’s history and hear from past participants here.