Students do have the right to an appeal of academic status although appeals are rarely approved. Reasons for an appeal may not be academic (i.e., "My classes were hard").
For an appeal to be considered the student must:
- Complete the Online Workshop for Academic Actions
- Meet with an academic advisor
- Submit a written appeal
Remember that the restrictions placed on your academic status are there to protect you and help you get back on the road to success.
Please note the following deadlines for submission of academic suspension appeals. If you want to return early for a semester listed below, the appeal must be submitted to Enterprise Hall, lower level, room 008 by the following deadlines:
For Fall return -
- If suspended at the end of the previous spring - August 1
- If suspended at the end of the previous summer - August 15
For Spring return - January 10
- If suspended at the end of the previous spring or summer - December 1
- If suspended at the end of the previous fall - January 10
Any student wishing to return after a dismissal would need to submit a request to return. The request deadlines are:
For Fall Semester - June 1
For Spring Semester - October 1