Please review the following information prior to taking courses toward a Business Minor or Entrepreneurship Practice Minor.
1. Students must have completed 30 credits (sophomore standing) to declare the Business Minor or the Enterpreneurship Practice Minor and take the minor courses. Students must achieve a grade of C or higher in all courses applied to the minor.
2. At least 8 credits of coursework for either Minor must be unique for that Minor and not used to fulfill other major, concentration or minor requirements.
3. Students who have already taken and received credit for MGMT 301, MIS 301, MKTG 301 or OM 301 can substitute these courses as follows, and cannot receive credit for its equivalent MSOM course:
MGMT 301 for MSOM 301
MIS 301 for MSOM 302
MKTG 301 for MSOM 303
OM 301 for MSOM 306
Students who have taken and received credit for both ACCT 203 and FNAN 301 can substitute the combination for MSOM 300, and cannot receive credit for MSOM 300.
4. Up to a maximum of six (6) transfer credits may be applied toward the Business Minor or the Entrepreneurship Practice Minor. If there are more at the time of graduation, only six will be counted for the minor and you may have to take additional courses.
5. MSOM courses may not be used as substitutions for prerequisites needed for upper-level School of Management courses (e.g., MSOM 301 cannot serve as a substitution for MGMT 301, which is a prerequisite for upper-level MGMT courses).
6. School of Management majors may not take MSOM courses for credit, except MSOM 305. They may take MSOM 305 to fulfill the university global understanding general education requirement.