School of Management Core Courses
School of Management core courses are required for all School of Management majors with a grade of “C” or better for all courses in this category:
- ACCT 203 Survey of Accounting* - Prerequisite: C or better in ECON 103
- ACCT 301 Financial Accounting & Managerial Decision Making - Prerequisites: C or better in ACCT 203, and sophomore standing
- BULE 302 Legal Environment of Business - Prerequisite: sophomore standing
- OM 210 Statistical Analysis for Management* - Prerequisites: C or better in MATH 108 or MATH 113; corequisite of MIS 102
- OM 301 Operations Management - Prerequisites: C or better in OM 210, and sophomore standing
- FNAN 301 Financial Management - Prerequisites: C or better in ECON 103, ACCT 203 and OM 210, and sophomore standing
- MGMT 301 Managing People and Organizations - Prerequisites: sophomore standing
- MIS 102 Spreadsheet Applications for Business - Prerequisite: none
- MIS 301 Introduction to Business Information Systems - Prerequisite: sophomore standing
- MKTG 301 Principles of Marketing - Prerequisites: C or better in ECON 103 and ACCT 203, and sophomore standing
- SOM 301 Business Models: A Communication Approach* - Prerequisite: sophomore standing; corequisite ACCT 203 and OM 210
- SOM 498 Capstone Course: Advanced Business Models - Prerequisites: ACCT 301, BULE 302, OM 301, FNAN 301, MGMT 301, MIS 301 and MKTG 301, and senior standing
*Core courses needed for application to BS standing include ACCT 203, OM 210 and SOM 301. In addition, MATH 108 is required for application to the School of Management. For more information about application criteria, please click here.
See the University Catalog for course descriptions.