The Seventh Annual George Mason University
Tax & Accounting Conference
A Joint event held in association with the Northern Chapter of VSCPA
October 23, 2012
In this half-day seminar, you will learn about current issues confronting the accounting profession
- Risk management for CPAs handling clients with sophisticated tax shelters
- An update on tax legislation and the economics of tax reform
- Dealing with IRS audits and collections
- Financial fraud detection using nonfinancial metrics
- Operating reserves for nonprofit organizations and the new operating reserve policy toolkit.
- Required ethics course for Virginia CPAs.
The annual George Mason University Tax & Accounting Symposium provides a forum for accountants, auditors, audit committee members, corporate attorneys, CFOs, and members of academia to hear firsthand from expert speakers about current issues in tax, accounting and auditing. The Northern Chapter Virginia Society of CPAs will be our affiliate for this year's event and its monthly CPE Forum and dinner will follow the GMU conference in the same location.
Members of Northern Chapter of VSCPA may log in and register here:
- Session 1, 2: 1–4:30 p.m. (4 CPE Hours, $20)
- Session 3, or Monthly CPE Forums A, B, C for chapter members 4:30PM - 6:30PM (2 CPE Hours, free)
- Session 4: Virginia required Ethics Course 4:30PM - 6:30PM (2 CPE Hours, $45)
- Cocktail and dinner 6:30PM - 8:30PM (included in membership fee)
All others please register here:
- Sessions 1 and 2: 1pm - 4:30pm (4 CPE Hours, $75)
- Session 3: 4:30–6:30 p.m. (2 CPE hours, $35)
- Session 4: Virginia required Ethics Course 4:30–6:30 p.m. (2 CPE Hours, $75)
Conference Location: Fairview Park Marriott
3111 Fairview Park Drive · Falls Church, Virginia 22042.