Admission is highly competitive and is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- Please do not submit any items/material before submitting an on-line application.
- Submit your completed application online. The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online applicaton: résumé, career goals statement, and professional essay.
- Professional recommendations are sent and received electronically as part of the online application. Academic references are not accepted.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly to the MBA Admissions Office.
- GMAT or GRE scores will be made available to the MBA Admissions Office electronically if you request scores be sent to George Mason University when taking the exam.
- Keep the length of your résumé to less than two pages. For every employment experience listed, include your specific responsibilities and accomplishments. Don’t be afraid to include items that have enhanced you professionally, (e.g. fluency in a foreign language, education abroad, civic honors and achievements, technical competencies, and leadership activities).
- The personal career goals statement relates to post-MBA career goals.
- Proofread your essays.
- Items submitted to the university as part of an application become property of the university and cannot be returned to you.
- Please note the Mason MBA program enrolls in the Fall only.
Find more tips on the Admissions FAQs.