Your Future is Waiting. Right Here. Right Now.
The Mason MBA's highly competitive acceptance rate is based on a number of factors: your fit within the program and potential contribution to a collegial learning environment, relevant work experience, leadership potential, letters of recommendation, and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or recognized qualifications equivalent to a degree
- Two years of full-time, post-baccalaureate professional employment (recommended)
- One college-level calculus course prior to enrolling (recommended)
- Online application and application fee
- A current résumé
- Official copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Official GMAT score OR GRE score (no requests for exceptions or waivers will be considered)
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- A personal career goals statement of 750-1,000 words
- Professional essay of 750-1,000 words (choose one of the two topics below)
- Describe a professional situation where you demonstrated one of the following leadership competencies: visionary, strategic, tactical, focused, persuasive, likeable, decisive, ethical and inspirational.
- Of Mason’s core values (creativity, rigor, diversity, team, integrity, and global community), which value resonates most with you and why?
- Additional requirements for international students and applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from outside the United States
We request that you do not submit any documents to the program prior to submitting the online application. Your résumé, recommendations, career goals statement and professional essay must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. For additional information about the admissions process, including how to send GMAT or GRE scores and official transcripts, please click here.
No portion of the portfolio is weighted more than another; the admissions committee considers the entire application to ensure that they have a complete profile of a candidate’s professional and academic qualifications.
Early application is advised since enrollment is limited.
Fall Application Deadlines
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||DECISION RELEASED||DEPOSIT DUE|
|November 1||January 15||February 15|
|January 15*||March 1||April 1|
|March 15**||May 1||June 1|
|May 1||June 15||July 1|
*International applicants **Scholarship consideration