- Q:Can I take MSA courses without applying to the program?
No. You must be an admitted MS in Accounting student to take classes in our program.
- Q:How do I qualify for in state tuition rates?
Determination of residency status is made based on your responses to the domicile form that is part of the online application. If your residency changes after enrolling or if you do not agree with the domicile determination, you may appeal your status by calling the Domicile Office at 703-993-2464 or visiting the Domicile Office website.
- Q:How long will it take for me to complete the Mason MS in Accounting?
The MSA program provides a flexible schedule for students to accommodate busy tax seasons. MSA students typically complete the 30 credit program in one year (12 months).
- Q:How much does the Mason MSA cost?
The 30 credit MSA program tuition is $23,4000.00 for in-state students ($780.00 per credit) and $42,150.00 for non-resident students ($1,405.00 per credit).
- Q:I do not have a bachelor's degree in accounting, but I want to become a CPA. Am I eligible for the MSA program?
No. You are not eligible for the MSA program unless you have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or at least 24 credits in accounting. If you wish to earn additional accounting credits, the School of Management offers a post-baccalaureate accounting certificate program.
You also are eligible to apply for the Mason MBA program,but this may not allow you to become eligible to sit for the CPA exam. For a complete list of CPA requirements for the state of Virginia, please visit the Board of Accountancy’s website.
- Q:I have a bachelor's degree in business, but I have a lot of accounting courses. Am I eligbile for the MSA Program?
You might be eligible for the MSA program if you have at least 24 credits in accounting. Please contact Michele Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Q:I have/am graduating with a bachelor's degree in accounting. Am I eligible for the MSA program?
Yes. Students with a bachelor’s degree in accounting are eligible for the MSA program. You are also eligible to opt into the Mason MBA program.
- Q:My degree is from outside of the U.S., how will I know if I am eligible to apply to the MSA program?
Your degree must be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree in accounting. Applicants are responsible for evaluation of credits to ensure they meet the requirements for the MSA program. Please contact Michele Hanson at email@example.com for additional information.