Accelerated Masters in Accounting
George Mason's Accelerated Masters in Accounting is designed exclusively for current BS in Accounting majors within George Mason's School of Management.
Why might I want to be in the MSAccel program?
I am a high performing, motivated accounting student in George Mason's BS in Accounting program. I can earn both a BS and MS Accounting degree, while working towards the 150 credits needed for the CPA requirements, and become a more valuable prospect to employers.
How does the MSAccel program benefit me?
- Allows you to jumpstart your graduate education.
- No GMAT or GRE necessary for admissions.
- Take 2 graduate courses that apply to both your undergraduate and MSA degree programs.
- Build time into your schedule to complete an internship and improve your employment options.
- Take up to 4 graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates.
What are the applicant requirements for the MSAccel program?
- You may apply in the semester in which you have earned 75 completed credits (24 of which are at Mason).
- A 3.0 or above GPA and a "B-" or higher on the first attempt in all your accounting courses.
- You must have completed at least 4 Mason Accounting courses.
How do I apply to the MSAccel program?
- Download the application
- Submit the application to the Office of Academic and Career Services (Enterprise Hall, room 008). Application may be submitted in the semester you are completing the requirements.
- No GMAT or GRE required.
- Grades in each accounting course must be "B-" or higher on the first attempt.
- Two recommendation letters from full-time Mason accounting faculty.
Fall: February 15
Spring: September 15
When do I become a graduate student?
You will submit the Bachelor's/Accelerated Masters Transition Form at the completion and conferral of your undergrad degree in the semester indicated in the application. If you have maintained designated academic standards, then you will be admitted to graduate status.
Your master's program begins in the Fall or Spring semester immediately following your conferral date. MSAccel students may not take any MBA 600 level courses.