An Experiential Learning Environment Rich in Cultural Perspective
The MS in Accounting (MSA) is focused on developing ethical leaders who can overcome challenges and provide solutions. Our curriculum emphasizes the latest trends and issues in accounting, business ethics, and corporate governance and is designed to specifically satisfy the 150-hour educational requirement adopted by a number of states, including Virginia, for certification and licensure as a CPA.
Rigorous and relevant coursework is a staple of the Mason MSA. You have the opportunity to seamlessly connect your studies with the contemporary business environment. Our faculty members incorporate daily opportunities to connect business theory with reality and advocate real-world learning.
Full-time MS in Accounting (30 Credit Hours)
Students complete the program on a full-time schedule. The 12 month program requires enrollment of at least four courses (12 credits) each semester.
Accelerated MS in Accounting
The Accelerated MS in Accounting is designed exclusively for high-performing students currently enrolled in Mason's BS in Accounting program. Students can earn both a BS and MS Accounting degree, while working towards the 150 credits needed for the CPA requirements and become a more valuable prospect to employers. Students will take two graduate classes that apply to both their undergraduate and MSA degree programs.
Graduate Certificate in Forensic Accounting
The 15-credit Graduate Certificate in Forensic Accounting Program provides an opportunity for students to acquire education in the emerging field of forensic accounting. Students with a bachelor's degree in accounting can also use the certificate program as a means of obtaining the necessary 150 hours of academic credit to qualify for a CPA license.
- Teaming & Leading: Our graduates will demonstrate the team leadership and interpersonal skills needed to form, lead, and work effectively on diverse organizational teams.
- Analytical Decision Making: Our students will demonstrate the ability to analyze uncertain complex management situations using appropriate tools, techniques and information systems for decision-making.
- Ethics and Social Responsibility: Our graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment of management and business social responsibility.
- Accounting Research: Our graduates will be competent at conducting accounting research
- Technical Knowledge: Our graduates will demonstrate technical knowledge of accounting and auditing.