To fulfill its mission, the Investor Protection & Corporate Fraud Research Center plans to:
- Sponsor, conduct, and disseminate research on investor protection and financial fraud.
- Create awareness among investors about tools to detect and prevent fraud.
- Promote white papers on current issues in fraud detection and other resources related to fraud.
- Host an annual national/international conference on contemporary issues on investor protection and fraud.
- Offer continuing professional education (CPE) courses, certificate degrees and orientation programs for individual investors, current/potential board members, audit committee members on best practices on governance, fraud prevention and detection etc.
- Conduct surveys of executives, investors, and auditors on trends in investor protection and fraud prevention.
- Organize panels and symposiums to bring together executives, investors, regulators, auditors, and other interested parties to discuss and debate issues on investor protection and fraud prevention.
- Provide an outlet for the local business community to participate and/or sponsor research and get up to date with best practices in investor protection and fraud prevention.