- Information content of accounting information
- Accounting for deferred taxes
- Discolsure of not-for-profit organizations and financial statement analysis in general
- PhD - Accounting, New York University
- CA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- BA, University of Madras
Prior to joining George Mason University, Visvanathan was an assistant professor at George Washington University. His research has been published in The Accounting Review, Journal of Financial Statement Analysis, Accounting Horizons, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, and Journal of American Taxation Association.