Building Government Acumen:
The Power of High Performance Engagement
Four-Day Intensive Bootcamp for Government Contractors on How to Drive High Performance Engagement with Government
Earn up to 24 CPE Credits!
Guest presentations by some of the most successful business leaders in the Washington, D.C., area and nationally recognized faculty from George Mason University including:
- Bruce Caswell, Pres. & GM Health Services, MAXIMUS, Inc.
- Mike Daniels, Former Chairman, Network Solutions
- Becca Gould, CEO and Co-Founder, Worldwide Insight
- John Hillen, Executive-In-Residence and Professor of Practice, School of Management
- Valerie J. Lyons, EVP, Business Systems Solutions, CACI International, Inc.
- Donna Morea, CEO, Adesso Group
- George C. Newstrom, VP and GM, Dell Services Federal Government
- Stan Soloway, President & CEO, Professional Services Council
- Kerry Weems, CEO, TwinMed
- Dale "Dusty" Wince, Founder & CEO, Knowledge Consulting Group
- David Zolet, EVP and GM, CSC North American Public Sector
For a complete listing of speakers click here.
This program prepares middle and senior level executives to successfully lead and direct their organizations engagement with government and will show them how to achieve a 10X performance improvement in their government engagement strategy.
Faculty and speakers for this highly innovative and challenging program are selected not only for their professional qualifications and expertise but, as importantly, for their first hand experience in successfully engaging with government at all levels.
This program will take participants inside government and help them gain the insights they need to build an innovative engagement strategy and competitive "playbook" for their organization. Through the use of a novel case study, and distinguished guest speakers and faculty, they will learn how to apply the lessons learned and how to recognize the difference between "good" and "bad" engagement strategies.
People who would benefit from attending this program include:
- Program Managers
- Sales and Marketing Executives
- Capture Managers
- Finance Managers
- Government Affairs Executives
You will learn:
- Why government is so complex and how to use the latest tools and frameworks to cut through the complexity and identify the key levers to successful engagement.
- Why government operates so differently from private/social enterprises and which differences are most critical to your strategy.
- How decisions are made inside government, how power is distributed, how agendas are set, how resources are allocated and what you can do to influence these.
- How to anticipate and avoid disasters and traps from forces outside your control.
- What are the best approaches to advocating, educating, communicating and building trust with government officials.
- Proven strategies for building the political, professional and personal capital you need to engage effectively with government.
- How to effectively lead and direct your organization's engagement with government and overcome the hurdles in doing so.
- How some of the most successful organizations engage with government and what practices work and what does not.
There is limited space so register today!
George Mason University School of Management is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if cancellation is requested by COB May 12, 2014. Refunds requested after May 12th and before May 17th will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee. There are no refunds if requested after May 17th, but payment may be applied to a future program.