Your Future is Waiting
Finding a job or internship requires dedication, persistence, information, and a sense of humor. To support your job or internship search, we offer HireMason—the university’s job board—as well as CareerShift—the most comprehensive online resource designed to support job seekers. The following is a list of online resources to assist you in managing your career.
Preparing to Search
We offer a variety of resources to help you
- write professional résumés, covers letters, and thank you letters
- start networking
- prepare for interviews
- develop basic salary negotiation skills
HireMason enables you to
- apply directly online to full-time and part-time jobs and internships for which you qualify.
- create saved searches and receive e-mail alerts when jobs/internships matching your criteria are posted.
- industry research
- upload résumés, cover letters, unofficial transcripts, and writing samples to your account.
- publish your resume in Mason Resume Books for employers to query.
- search and store jobs from all the major job boards, company websites, newspapers, etc.
- get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies.
- create as many targeted résumés and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- create unlimited email campaigns with your saved contacts, résumés, and cover letters.
- save and record your campaigns to your calendar; you can keep notes and set reminders for follow-ups.
- your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
- Download Career Guides
- Employer profiles and rankings
- Disscusion Boards
- Industry blogs and news covering the latest trends and issues
- Diversity, green programs and leadership development profiles
- Vault's job board, which matches employers and recruiters with top talent (that's you.)