Are you a current student or 2013 graduate interested in working at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)?
If the answer is yes, increase your chances by joining a site visit to NIH headquarters on February 14, 2014 from 9:10 – 1:35pm in Bethesda Maryland.
Learn about the various scientific and administrative opportunities available through a program led by the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). This program is available for the first 30 people who RSVP through HireMason (hiremason.gmu.edu – under Events tab- Events and Workshops sub tab – select 2014 NIH Site Visit NIAID – RSVP button) and also make a $10 deposit at Career Services (SUB 1 Room 3400) which will be returned upon completion of the NIH program. Deadline is February 10, 2014.
- Tour of the NIH Hospital/Labs
- Opportunity to speak with Investigators/Researchers and HR Representatives about both research and administrative positions
- Speakers contact information will be shared for future networking opportunities
- Details on opportunities at NIH and particularly within NIAID, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLB)
- To learn about current Pathways and internship opportunities at NIH, please visit OITE
- Must be U.S. Citizens/Permanent Residents
- For security purposes, be ready to present a form of government-issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license or passport), and submit to a personal inspection.
- Open to Undergraduate and Graduate students and Recent Graduates (within 1 year) all majors
- Participants must be able to stay through the duration of the program
- Students must provide their own transportation (parking passes provided)
- Dress is Business Professional
- You are encouraged to bring copies of your resume with you
- Directions via metro and car and itinerary will be shared upon registration
- Registration is required. Do not register unless you are sure that you can attend and stay the duration
- There is a $10 CASH deposit fee to reserve your spot for this exciting opportunity. You can turn in your deposit at University Career Services (SUB 1, 3400) Please note, we cannot make change and it will be returned at NIH