The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency- Financial Management
Accounting/ Financial Management Internship
To Apply log into HireMason and search JOB ID #90296
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is continuously looking for high-caliber undergraduate and graduate students to gain invaluable work experience through our Financial Management Internship Program. A Financial Management Internship is an ideal platform for students from Accounting, Policy, Business Management, and other related fields to kick-start their future careers.
OCC’s Financial Management Division offers a range of competitive internships, offering students opportunities that are tailored to their own professional development and educational needs. However, all positions share the following characteristics, which are vital to a rewarding internship experience:
- Interns are treated with respect, and their opinions are both encouraged and valued
- Our student professionals are given meaningful and challenging assignments;
- Employees will work with interns to provide them with valuable hands-on training in the field of Financial Management;
- Interns are financially compensated for their hard work; and
- Outstanding student interns have the potential for growth within the agency
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is the world’s preeminent bank supervisory agency. The OCC charters, regulates and supervises the integrity of our national banks. Our culture promotes creative and thoughtful contributions by people in all positions, and an environment that values and encourages diversity. If you are an inquisitive, investigative individual with high standards of your own, consider the OCC.
These internship positions are within the Financial Management Division (“FM”), which is responsible for performing the financial support functions of the agency.
FM’s mission is to provide leadership to promote the efficient management of OCC’s resources and assets, quality financial services to customers based on their needs, and complete, useful financial information on OCC operations that fully supports financial performance reporting.
Accounting Internship Duties:
- Process deposits from customers and payments to vendors.
- Create and reconcile accounting entries in the general ledger.
- Test new software relating to processing receipts and payments.
- Document new accounting processes and procedures.
- Communicate with both external and internal customers.
Duties & Responsibilities common to all FM Internships:
- Participation in the OCC’s “Quick Win” process streamlining program.
- Enrollment in Lean Six Sigma process improvement training.
- Test and analyze key business processes to ensure the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Attend monthly career development meetings with the Deputy CFO.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The OCC is looking for capable and self-motivated students who are comfortable shouldering significant professional responsibility. Qualified applicants must have a strong academic record, possess professional written and oral communication skills and be able to work a minimum of 18 hours to a maximum of 24 hours per week during the school year and up to 32 hours during the summer while enrolled in school. Applicants are expected to commit to work for one full calendar year. These positions are only available at our headquarters location in Washington, DC.
In addition to a strong academic record, candidates should possess a sincere interest in the field of Financial Management. Applicants must also possess functional knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.