CostTrend Consulting, Inc. is seeking a full-time Accounting Manager to join our team. We offer professional work environment and a competitive package of compensation and benefits. Please respond to info@CostTrend.com.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of accounting operations, supporting a select team of business consultants who provide professional services to a wide range of clients who are faced with unexpected and critical business challenges. The Accounting Manager must be able to execute the assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision and ensure that all accounting functions are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for day to day office management and routine HR administration.
- The Accounting Manager will manage the accounting functions and activities including:
- General ledger and general journal entries
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Payroll, fixed asset accounting, accounts payable
- Client billings, accounts receivable monitoring and collection
- Other accounting functions and activities as required
- Month-end accounting close process
- General ledger analysis, review, and reconciliation
- Lead in developing and implementing internal control processes
- Coordinate with management on preparation and monitoring of budgets and forecasts
- Establish, implement, and enforce approved accounting department policies and procedures
- Coordinate communications with banks, tax authorities, external CPAs and other data/information requests
- Administration of compliance activities relating to sales and use taxes, personal property and real property taxes, and other tax issues as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with internal personnel, clients, and vendors
- Perform routing office manager and HR functions
- Significant practical accounting experience
- Ability to research accounting principles research and implementation under GAAP a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Excel.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivating
- Ability to interact with management
- QuickBooks Premier experience a plus
- Office management and HR experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent, CPA a plus.
Career Services Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although School of Management Career Services and University Career Services review and research advertised positions, it is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.