Our Task, Inc. – Comptroller Volunteer Position
Our Task (www.OurTask.org) is a small, 7-year-old non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization based in Arlington, Virginia. Its mission is to empower and mobilize young adults to shape the world they will soon inherit by teaching them to be informed, effective global leaders.
The Comptroller position is a voluntary position; it does not provide salary or benefits. However, we recognize and appreciate the valuable contributions the Comptroller makes to Our Task (OT) and to society generally, and will gladly provide letters of reference and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Comptroller reports to the Executive Director and is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the organization’s financial records and reports. Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Maintain the financial records and reports of Our Task, Inc., including, but not limited to:
2. Prepare reconciliations for bank accounts, credit card account, and PayPal account;
3. Maintains OT books and accounts for payroll in QuickBooks and Excel;
4. Prepare financial statement for monthly board meetings and for inclusion in the OT annual report;
5. File annual business reports to Arlington County and Commonwealth of Virginia;
6. File annual solicitation registrations to Virginia and other states in which we regularly submit appeals and proposals;
7. Attend occasional meetings;
8. File the federal Form 990 EZ, federal 941 quarterly payroll reports; and 1099s/W-2s for employees and consultants.
9. Perform other tasks as needed and mutually agreed.
Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in Accounting. CPA preferred, but not required. Experience with payroll, non-profit accounting (restricted and unrestricted income), fixed assets/depreciation, and preparing financial statements preferred.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to Gerald Barney, Executive Director, Jerry@OurTask.org.
Career Services Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although School of Management Career Services and University Career Services review and research advertised positions, it is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.