Interested in Book Publishing? Learn Here!

January 23, 2014

Networking, Workshops

Denver Publishing Institute

July 13, 2014 through August 8, 2014

For More Information Visit: http://www.du.edu/publishinginstitute/

The Denver Publishing Institute is the ideal launching pad for your career in book publishing. During four weeks, it will introduce you to the exciting and ever-changing world of book publishing. The course will provide a solid educational foundation and an excellent network for your subsequent job search.

The Institute is taught by industry professionals who work at trade, university, textbook, and small independent publishers throughout the country as well as in New York.

Our graduates go on to publishing careers around the country and the world. You’ll find some of our recent graduates at HarperCollins; Penguin Group; Oxford University Press; St Martin’s Press; Sourcebooks, Inc; Pearson; McGraw-Hill and many more.

Applications for the 2014 program, scheduled to run from July 13 through August 8, 2014, will be accepted online beginning in December.

Come join us next summer in beautiful Colorado.

What do graduates say about the program?

“DPI is the best decision I ever made. It was life-changing, and I’ll never forget it.”

“The DPI was an immensely valuable experience. The program itself was very well-run and organized. Each of the speakers added to the Institute. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I’ve learned so much and I’ll take with me knowledge of publishing that will stay with me forever.”

“My experience thus far as an editorial assistant has truly been a dream come true; the job is incredible, just what I hoped it would be… I have absolutely relied on what I learned in Denver to keep my head above water– and I am absolutely confident that without DPI I would never have gotten the initial interview and certainly not the job. I will always be grateful to you and the program for the most valuable four weeks of my post-graduate life.”

Who should apply?

• College graduates seeking their first job in publishing
  • Career-changers interested in opportunities in the field
  • Those presently working in publishing who seek a broader view than a specialized job can provide
  • Librarians interested in knowing more about the industry that provides them with their books
  • Publishers, or students, from abroad who want to find out how it is done in the United States

Career Services Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/

Although School of Management Career Services and University Career Services review and research advertised positions, it is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you. Please contact mycareer@gmu.edu if you have any questions or concerns.

,

%d bloggers like this: