Verdi Consulting- Jr. Accountant Internship
To Apply Visit HireMason and Search JOB ID #89330
The Accounting intern will directly assist the Verdi Financial Statements and Unemployment Trust Fund (UTF) Team at the Department of Labor with a wide range of projects related to the UTF, account reconciliation, financial statements preparation, trial balance review, and executing various strategic initiatives and other projects to enhance our services, drive efficiencies, and identify new opportunities to meet the needs of our clients.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that finance can play in the Federal Government, and be better prepared to work in the arena of Federal accounting.
The Accounting Intern will report to the Managers, who will assign projects and provide guidance.
- Work with team members on special projects such as the Agency Financial Analysis (AFA) process
- Assist with accounting research, projects, and activities (e.g. reconciliations, general ledger review, etc.)
- Assist with the UTF project
- Assist with the overall accounting operations process including budget preparation, binder organization, data management, time management, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and enthusiasm
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to prioritize
- A background in business and accounting are desired skills and knowledge
Career Services Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although School of Management Career Services and University Career Services review and research advertised positions, it is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.