Capture Manager Americas
Location: Chantilly, VA or Washington DC
Trimble Navigation is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
We are seeking an experienced and mature Capture Manager/Business Development Manager to focus on projects funded by multilateral development banks (MDBs), bilateral development organizations, and other financial entities such as export credit agencies and commercial banks, for projects that involve products and solutions from the complete Trimble portfolio. This position will provide specific sales and management focus on activities connected with Data Gathering, Tender Preparation, Contract Execution, and relationship development with related Consultants and Agency personnel, and within the Business Development, EMFP team. This individual will have direct sales responsibility in Mexico, Central and South America region for his/her nominated Projects, located in Chantilly VA or Washington DC. www.trimble.com
Reports to the Director Institutional Business Development
- Data gathering to investigate potential Funded Project Opportunities
- Develop and maintain existing contacts with influential Agency Staff and Consultants
- Project Management of development and execution of Tender opportunities
- Implementation of the Business Development, Emerging Markets and Funded Projects work practices
- Responsible for updating content within the Funded Projects Share Point site
- Responsible to support Regional sales managers in his/her region.
Familiar with the land administration, engineering and construction industry, technology aware/skilled; ‘business’ experience; demonstrate competence in relational sales; international exposure; responsible and accountable positions held within the last two years; culturally aware; able to travel internationally (60%+).
Desired familiarity with MDBs, specifically with the Inter-American Development Bank and other regional active funding organizations. Knowledge of export credit finance, project finance, and regional (Mexico, Central and South America) development consultancies a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a MUST.
- Account and project management skills
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Good listener to diverse audiences, objective thinker
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and willingness to tackle complex projects from their inception
- Disciplined & organized
The successful candidate should demonstrate a sales/account background covering some or all of the following areas:
- Relationship selling
- Business planning
- Contract negotiations
- Customer value chain fulfillment
- Service level agreements
- Technology competent
Bachelor Degree (BA/BS) required, Graduate Degree (MA/MS/MBA) a plus
Experience requirements (years):
Two years + Sales or Account Management or Project management experience
Two years + experience in one or more of the following industries: public policy, multilateral/bilateral development, development consulting, surveying, mapping, engineering, construction, mining, agriculture.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Greg Barman, Technical Recruiter
Trimble Navigation, Westminster CO.