Pagnato-Karp Group – Financial Intern
Contact Person: A.J. Hawrylak
Phone: (703) 468-2707; Ahawrylak@hightoweradvisors.com
Address: 11951 Freedom Drive, Suite 1260, Reston, VA 20190
Internship Type: Paid
Description of Duties:
Under the supervision of A.J. Hawrylak, the person in this position will collect, process, verify, and report financial related information as well as perform professional analytical and management support work assignments. Other duties may include assisting in preparing custom financial reports, developing and/or utilizing spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications. Other related tasks include filing, copying, data entry and other administrative tasks to help aid our team.
Knowledge of college level math, basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis, as well as office procedures and practices. Ability to collect, evaluate and interpret data, either in statistical or narrative form. Capability to maintain files, records and documentation. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervisor and co-workers. Skills are necessary in teamwork, problem solving, entering and verifying data, using computerized systems, various software applications, and standard office equipment.
Additional requirements include:
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Proactive in asking questions when needed
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
Flexible to accommodate academic schedule. Variable hours. Approximately 16-30 hours per week.
Career Services Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although School of Management Career Services and University Career Services review and research advertised positions, it is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.