Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is looking for an Accountant I to join their Finance Team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Entering Accounts Payable vouchers/vendor invoices
- Reviewing and processing employee expense reports
- Distributing weekly vendor payments
- Preparing travel detail for monthly invoices
- Filing month-end reports
- Make corrections to the travel/invoice coding of prior vouchers that may be uncovered during the invoicing and/or contract analysis processes.
- Process 1099s and 1096s.
- Set up and maintain employee vendors and EFT information.
- Other Duties and/or Projects as Assigned.
- Costpoint Experience a plus
- Government accounting experience a plus
- FAR and JTR knowledge
- Must be familiar with standard accounting principles and concepts.
- Demonstrates knowledge/experience of systems applications relating to financial accounting.
- Proficiency in accounting, computer skills including Word, Excel and other standard software applications.
- Detail orientated, with strong organizational, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to research and resolve issues, maintain confidentiality and manage a variety of tasks.
- 0-2 years accounting experience
- Effectively communicate in oral and written form
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
5285 Shawnee Road, Suite 400
Alexandria, VA 22312
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.