HSBC Bank USA, N.A. – Retail Banking and Wealth Management Graduate Development Program: Sales or Generalist
About HSBC: Headquartered in London, HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world. Our international network comprises around 6,600 offices in 80 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.
The HSBC Retail Banking and Wealth Management Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an intensive entry level program designed to accelerate experience, develop leadership capabilities, and provide broad exposure to the banking industry. Through rotational assignments in various roles throughout RBWM Retail Network, Mortgage & Wealth businesses, as well as coursework and training, trainees will be expected to acquire a diverse set of skills, a deep understanding of the business, and leverage developing capabilities into practical and strategic results.
Trainees will be expected to develop the core banking, wealth management and leadership skills necessary to move into a sales role within RBWM. Trainees will be continually challenged, but have the support of colleagues, buddies, mentors, HSBC leadership, and a Program Manager. During the program, you will be required to successfully pass a series of exams (Series 7, Series 63, Life and Health).
Impact on the Business
GDP Trainees will be educated on how to build effective relationships with HSBC clients in order to maximize profit and achievement of the growth of HSBC client portfolio. In addition the program will foster the development of the skills needed to identify opportunities to cross-sell and provide additional financial tools and services to support client needs in pursuit of efforts to establish and/or broaden client relationship with HSBC.
Customers / Stakeholders
- GDP Trainees will gain a deep understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services available from Group sources and elsewhere in order to provide the best solutions for clients and maximize revenue for HSBC.
- Role as a broker-dealer Registered Representative
- Identify cross-sell opportunities, including opportunities to refer customers to other sales representatives of HSBC Securities (USA) through proper customer profiling and needs-based selling.
- Conduct needs assessment with current and potential Company customers and recommend appropriate investment and insurance products and services to meet individual needs, based on objectives, risk tolerance and proper asset allocations.
- Sell appropriate core financial service products, including investment and insurance products, to meet customer needs while developing and expanding account relationships.
- Ensure adherence to established investment and insurance product set and selling limitations.
- Comply with Company Nondeposit Investment Product policies and procedures, including the requirements of the Interagency Statement on Retail Sales of Nondeposit Investment Products. Unless otherwise assigned on an individual basis in writing, role does not include management and supervision of investment and insurance activities and sales, which lies within the brokerage business and supervisory structure of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. as determined by its senior management.
Leadership & Teamwork
The program enables GDP Trainees to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in both the branches and the wider RBWM businesses to service client needs. Through strategic collaboration, the GDP Trainees will work to deliver the RBWM performance measures and support the multi-channel client journey.
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.2 or higher (graduation no later than June 2014)
- Sales ability and/or experience in customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in volunteer, community, and/or extra-curricular activities
- Mobility/flexibility for work assignments across the U.S.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Interest in wealth management and wealth product sales
- Interest in domestic and international mobility
- Intercultural awareness and a global outlook
- Multilingual Abilities
- Retail experience
How to Apply:
Please apply online through our website www.hsbcusa.com/careers to be considered. After accessing the site please go to Job Search > and enter Requisition ID:
Requisition ID: 000039FV (NYC Sales track)
Requisition ID: 000039H2 (Buffalo Sales Track)
Requisition ID: 000039H8 (FL, CA, WA, DC-MD-VA Sales Track)
Requisition ID: 000039HC (NYC Generalist)
Requisition ID: 000039HH (Buffalo Generalist)
Opening Application Date: October 4, 2013
Closing Application Date: October 18, 2013
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
452 5th Avenue
New York, New York 10018
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.