Ellucian – Product Management Internship
Ellucian is a private equity owned ~$700M pre-IPO software company focused on technology solutions for higher education. Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. As a student, you may have had some direct experience with our student information system, course registration products, degree planning, portals, or mobile solutions.
Product Management Internship
As a Product Management Intern at Ellucian, you will be a part of the team that launches new technology solutions for colleges and universities around the world. You will work directly with the Vice President of Product Management and the team that is responsible for the strategic direction of the business; defining and launching new solutions; and managing the revenue and profitability across the entire portfolio.
Examples of projects you may be involved in:
- Analyze client and financial data including revenue and profitability of solutions and market segments, market share, and projected growth.
- Conduct market landscape analysis to assess the ecosystem of offerings, competitive solutions, how well they meet client requirements, and identify white space and business opportunities including potential partners or acquisition targets.
- Conduct market research to assess requirements for new solutions. Lead a market survey including the design, creation, administration, and capturing and summarizing results to make recommendations for the direction for the business.
- Analysis skills, including financial modeling and analysis in excel
- Strong work ethic, ability to work well on a team, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write summary Power point presentations or white papers recommending actions based on data and analysis conducted
- Ability to quickly summarize and communicate complex information for multiple audiences
- On track to earn a BS degree in a business or technical discipline from a top college university
- Seniors or Graduate Students
About this Internship
This is a great opportunity for an individual seeking strategic product management experience at a rapidly growing pre-IPO technology company in a vibrant market. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in the business of technology and who may be exploring consulting or investment banking, but is interested to learn about strategic positions within fast-growing technology companies. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in how technology solutions are launched from ideation to development, to market communication, and financial management.
- Internship dates: September 30, 2013 – December 2013 and January –May 2014
- Hours: Flexible, part-time– 10 or more hours per week.
- Location: Fairfax, Virginia
- Hourly Pay: $14.00
- In lieu of salary, college credit will be considered
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the Product Management Internship, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Your expected graduation date should be included in your application.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.