Human Resources Internship
Where: Alexandria, VA
Deadline: rolling basis
Last Edited: August 15, 2013
Approximate Hours: 20-30 per week
Human Resources Assistant
Nature of Work:
Under general supervision performs human resources administrative work of considerable difficulty; performs other duties as assigned. Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Director on all personnel matters.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to this list)
- Poll timecards and reviews information for completeness and accuracy, tracks billable hours on a weekly basis, and prepares weekly utilization reports for management.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and assists with processing paperwork.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects
- Schedules meetings as requested by HR Manager.
- Responsible for arranging hotel and flight accommodations for employees assigned to travel engagements.
- Assists with annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of the year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers and assists with communicating changes to employees.
- Research techniques and report writing.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal skill—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Must be willing to work 20-30 hours per week during normal business hours; can be flexible with scheduling
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must have completed and obtained at least Junior status in a Bachelor degree program
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or higher version, particularly Excel and Microsoft Word
- Interest in human resources fields is essential
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to prioritize is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.