Kositzka, Wicks & Company – Staff Accountant
Entry level public accounting positions are available for both recent and upcoming accounting graduates. We are looking to add several high-quality entry level accountants to our staff.
Staff accountants assist in all areas of our practice, including accounting and auditing, tax, and management advisory services. The positions are professionally challenging and have excellent growth potential, while still offering a proper work-life balance. Strong performers are recognized and rewarded for excellence. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package that is competitive with the Big 4 firms.
Relevant experience is valued but not necessary. We offer a formal training program that runs concordantly with on-the-job training.
We are a growing public accounting firm (top 25 in Virginia, as measured by the number of CPAs on staff) with a great reputation in the business community, diversified practice and a high-tech work environment. We are an independent alliance member of BDO, a national accounting firm. Our office is located in Alexandria, Virginia, close to the 395 / Edsall Road West Exit.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of financial statement audits, reviews and compilations
- Client fieldwork, meetings and correspondence
- Individual, partnership and corporate income tax return preparation and planning
- Pension and not-for-profit return preparation
- Other tax return preparation as needed, including sales tax, business license, personal property, estate and gift returns, payroll tax returns and business registration forms
Job requirements include the following:
- Bachelors or masters degree in accounting, with a desire to obtain CPA license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, thorough and organized
- Team player that wants their voice heard and is receptive to constructive feedback
Please forward your resume to:
Kositzka, Wicks & Company
Attn: Jeff Creskoff
Fax: (703) 750-9258
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.