National Veterans’ Organization – Part-Time Bookkeeper/Accountant
Accounting Majors: Long established veterans’ advocacy organizations desire a part time accountant/bookkeeper or full time Administrator/Accountant to work out of their national headquarters in historic Falls, Church, VA.
Duties for bookkeeper include:
- Enter daily transactions In QuickBooks accounting software system, incorporating bank activities in multiple accounts as well as uncleared items in check registers, for two nonprofit organization averaging over $1 million in annual revenues;
- Update manual check registers with payroll reports and bank-recorded items;
- Process payments received, making and recording deposits;
- Track periodic reports from partner fundraisers for comparison with income amounts allocated to companies in multiple accounts;
- Prepare reports of current cash availability, and other QuickBooks and spreadsheet financial reports;
- Maintain paper financial files;
- Perform financial analyses and other projects as requested;
- Reports to President. Orientation to systems will be provided by the organizations’ contract accountant.
Hours are flexible to accommodate your class schedule; selected candidate should be able to work on-site at least three days per week part-time to keep accounting system data current. Compensation is weekly. Hourly fee is open to discussion. Raises with good performance are standard policy
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For immediate consideration, you can call 703-237-8978 and state on the voice mail why you feel you are qualified and why there may be a good fit. Candidate should be able to start almost immediately.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.