An Events and Development intern should be industrious, organized, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate for this position is able to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision. He/she will work behind the scenes with the Development Team, assisting with projects that range from planning, organizing and executing fundraising events; researching prospective ways to promote events and develop partnerships. This is a great learning opportunity for someone who is interested in the events or the development industry. Past experience with event management is helpful but not required.
- Help develop and plan and promote events for the School of Management.
- Will work directly with development team for the School of Management.
- Research of area organizations for audience development.
- Must be currently enrolled at Mason for the upcoming Fall 2013 semester.
- Interest or experience in public relations, marketing, communications, events management, or other related fields (preferred but not required).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Internet research.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, responsible, dependable and a team player.
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter describing why you want to be an intern to Andrea Cordray, Development and Alumni Affairs Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Andrea Cordray, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, MS 6B11, Fairfax, VA 22030, Attention: Internship Program