Position Title: Sales/Marketing Intern
Duration: Min of 20 hours/week
Location: Herndon, VA and Virtual
About Credence Management Solutions:
Credence Management Solutions (Credence) provides innovative management and technology solutions, strategy, business transformation, advisory and implementation services to government agencies. We serve our government customers in an independent and objective capacity, combining our agency-specific knowledge with functional, technical, and acquisition capabilities to support the mission and goals of government programs that are undertaking Business Transformation and Information Technology Modernization initiatives.
Summary of Position:
Credence seeks an entry level professional who is a self-starter that is looking for a great start to their career. The right candidate while be high energy with a drive towards long term career direction.
Objective: To help create and realize sales and marketing opportunities for Credence in the Washington DC area while learning skills related to sales, marketing, and proposals.
Hours: 20-40 hours per week. 8am to 5pm Monday – Friday. The position can be performed virtually with supervisor approval up to 70%.
Compensation: Internship position is compensated, and any required or necessary paperwork will be completed to provide college or technical school credits. This internship has the opportunity to develop into a full‐time position in the future.
Program eligibility and submission:
- Students interested in the field of sales/marketing, advertising, and proposal development
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- One‐page essay about what student hopes to gain from internship and marketing projects performed in the past.
- Submission of requirements for internship completion/credit
- Assist with development of social networking promotion and monitoring success.
- Meets sales and marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing project budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; establishing targeted market share.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
Skills/qualifications: marketing concepts, advertising concepts, promotions, positioning, sales planning, competitive analysis, understanding the customer, client relationships, creative services.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience
- At least two years of college coursework in Marketing, Advertising, or Business Administration
- Strong analytic skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- US citizenship required
Submission Information: Submission deadline is June 15, 2013. To apply, please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, and essay with the Subject line: Sales/Marketing Intern. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.