Echo360 Inc. – Marketing Events Intern
Location: Dulles, Virginia (Echo360 Headquarters)
Reporting to: Tim Weir, Marketing Events Manager
You can do good while doing well! That’s our mantra at Echo360 and we are ISO a special marketing or business major to help us as we change education. We make college more accessible by recording what happens in the classroom and putting it on your phone, iPad or computer. We already help 1M+ students like you have a more active, engaging and social educational experience using our technology. And we’re backed by some of Washington DC’s best: Ted Leonsis (owner of the Washington Capitals and Groupon interim co-CEO), Steve Case (founder of AOL), and Dr. Merten (former president of George Mason).
Marketing events are the backbone of Echo360′s public facing branding and awareness efforts. We are looking for a Marketing Events Intern who can help shape our events presence, and get the word out through event promotion and social media. Energy and passion are prerequisites – you will be highly involved in the organization, implementation and execution marketing promotions and social media for 60+ events annually.
The Marketing Events Intern will be responsible for the following specific activities:
- Event logistics for tradeshows, user meetings, sales meetings, regional event program, shipping, ordering of promotional items and show services, and writing basic event-related internal communications.
- Coordinate show services with vendors and event organizers.
- Contribute ideas and help with execution of event promotion through various channels, including social media.
- Coordinate domestic and international shipments for various programs and campaigns.
- Basic budget tracking and data entry.
- Manage and reconciliation of monthly credit card expenses related to events.
- Maintain calendar of events and update website.
- Monitor supply and order promotional items.
- Available to work 30-40 hours per week in the summer, 25-30 hours in the school year
- Other marketing and administrative tasks as needed.
- Undergraduate upperclassman or recent graduate, preferably seeking a Marketing and/or relevant Business degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Strong work ethic with proven ability to work independently
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to function effectively in a high-performance, professional environment
- Familiarity with the higher education industry a plus
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Windows applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other customer relationship management (CRM) tools a plus
- Experience with Eloqua or other marketing automation platform a plus
About Echo360 Inc.
More than one million students in 6,000 classrooms at 500 institutions across 30 countries rely on Echo360 solutions to enhance their educational experience. Using the Echo360 Active Learning Platform, students participate more frequently, study more effectively, and collaborate more often before, during and after class. Echo360 partners with institutions to create active classrooms that improve learning outcomes and increase student satisfaction in flipped classrooms, distance learning courses and MOOCs. The global company has been recognized with a Product Line Strategy of the Year Award from Frost & Sullivan and is CSIA-certified for outstanding customer service. Dell, Inc. is a certified reseller of Echo360 products in the USA and Canada. Echo360 is backed by Revolution Growth, led by Steve Case, Ted Leonsis and Donn Davis.
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@echo360.com and include the job title in the subject line. No agencies please. For US-based positions, candidates must be local and eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
For more information about Echo360 visit http://echo360.com/
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.