Yoga Alliance (YA) – Internship (Business Development Assistant)
Yoga Alliance (YA) is currently seeking a business development intern for the Spring Semester at its headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. YA is the national education and support organization for Yoga in the U.S. YA is located at 1701 Clarendon Boulevard, four blocks from both the Rosslyn and Clarendon metro stations. View information about Yoga Alliance at http://yogaalliance.org/.
The position is part-time for 20 hours per week, May 28th to August 2nd, 2013. There is flexibility with the start and end date of the internship as well as the hours. A $1,000.00 stipend will be paid to the selected individual at the completion of the internship.
This opportunity will afford the intern with experience working in a non-profit organization that has a membership of over 80,000 records. Interns will be trained to thoroughly understand YA’s Business Development Program and the duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, organize and maintain a business development database
- Conduct market analysis; identify and recruit business prospects
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners
- Assist department with the development of an Affinity Partnership and Endorsement Program
- Support department with the planning of regional and national Trade Shows
- Strong sense of professionalism and superior interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to take on projects as assigned
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office and database software
- Interest in and knowledge of creating a membership benefits program
- Relevant work experience in membership services, business sales and/or customer service
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
YA is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. YA believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization. Please send a cover letter and resume describing your qualifications and interest in the internship to Charlotte Raich at mailto: email@example.com by April 30th, 2013. We ask that you also include a recommendation from a current or former university professor.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.