The Bloomberg Terminals are a Resource for All SOM Students

February 27, 2013

Career Services, General

As most readers are aware, Bloomberg LP licenses computer software and services providing real-time financial data, news feeds, messages, and other market relevant data.  The services also facilitate the placement of trades and are used by financial service firm analysts, professionals in banking and investment trades, academics and students, to name a few user groups.  In short, any public information relevant to the global economy can be accessed with the click of a key or two.  Several universities in Virginia and across the US have invested in Bloomberg terminals for use by faculty and students.

What does this mean to you?  This resource is yours as long as you are a School of Management student at George Mason.  As an instructor of finance, my students use the terminals to research companies for analysis and valuation purposes, and I encourage all of them to use the terminals for their other business classes, and to become Bloomberg certified in the use of the system.  Certification can be documented on your resume and will give you a competitive edge in your job search.

Access to the terminals are not so easily gained once you graduate, so take advantage of this resource now, where it is available FREE to all SOM students.  Ask your professor for more information, or contact me directly at scanterb@gmu.edu.

About Shelly Canterbury

I am the business minor coordinator for the School of Managment as well as an instructor of finance. I came to George Mason in 2002 after a successful 25-year career in the private sector in which I held a range of financial, business development, information systems, and management positions for government- and commercially-focused industries.

View all posts by Shelly Canterbury

%d bloggers like this: