MassMutal National Scholars is a national scholarship program for high achieving college students of African American, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic descent interested in pursuing careers in the insurance and financial services industry.
MassMutual is focused on expanding access and opportunity of higher education and employment to students who reflect the rich cultural diversity of our nation.
- Open to students of African American, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic descent.
- Must show proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired).
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Plan to attend a degree-seeking program, full-time at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the
- 2013-2014 academic year.
- Will be entering sophomore, junior, senior or 5th-year senior year in pursuit of an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university.
- Students of all majors will be considered.
Preference will be given to students who demonstrate:
- An interest in pursuing a career in the insurance and financial services industry.
- Leadership and participation in extracurricular activities.
Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Selected students attending accredited 2 year and 4 year colleges/universities will be awarded $2,500 or $5,000 respectively.
A total of$150,000 in scholarships will be awarded for the 2013-14 school year.
To Apply: www.act.org/massmutual