Audio/Video Systems (AVS) – Accounting Assistant
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor, performs varied and increasingly responsible accounting work involved in the keeping and reviewing of financial records and processing documents involving financial transactions; performs all work within established guidelines of AVS policy and GAAP. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Responsible for the review and reconciliation of the company’s assets, revenue collection, and expenditure’s for the compilation of monthly financial reports.
- Assist with all payroll functions to ensure accurate and timely preparation of payrolls, maintenance of payroll accounts and payment of payroll taxes and related liabilities
- Review processing of accounts payable and receivable including monitoring, verification, and coding procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Provides professional accounting advice to accounting staff including monitoring and evaluating work performance, assisting with more complex or unusual problems, delegating work task responsibilities, providing training and direction and interviewing and suggesting applicants for departmental hire.
- Responsible for the exercise of judgment and decision within assigned functions.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to perform a variety of tasks.
- Will perform others duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years experience including areas of accounts receivable and payable, payroll/benefits and accounting supervision.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills for monitoring accounting records and resolving accounting problems.
- Basic understanding of complex bookkeeping methods and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- BA in Accounting or related field
- Experience with Cost point (not required)
Kathy Viscusi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.