Gate Gourmet – New Hire Coordinator
Hire Mason ID: 77726
Central point of contact for new hires as they transition into the company. This position is responsible for all functions related to the new hire in unit based kitchens(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orientation scheduling, coordination, facilitation and documentation.
- Kitchen/Work Area tours.
- Introduction to Key staff and Management.
- Mentor Program: assignments, documentation and follow-up.
- Ensure first 2-weeks training assignment.
- Coordination of new hire performance review/feedback process.
- New Employee assessment program Lead and documentation.
- Works with Operations management as a team member.
- Work schedule will vary to include 25% off shift.
- Other duties as assigned by HRM, SHRM and Unit GM.
- High School diploma required.
- Two-year college degree preferred.
- Four-year degree a plus.
- Human Resource, Training
- Organizational Development experience preferred.
- Staffing agency, experience with mass hiring and/or business administrative support will be considered.
- Airline and or commercial kitchen experience a plus
- Working in a Labor/union environment a plus.
- Strong people skills required. Must be able to communicate with all levels from front line to senior management.
- Ability to facilitate learning and document using Windows Office Suite.
- Work with ATS a plus (Taleo).
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
PHR would be a plus.
This position requires working in an office setting and frequent exposure to heat and cold. Frequent walking through the unit are required and long periods of standing, sitting and speaking will be required.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking – Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging – understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring – influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving – delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.