Whitney, Bradley & Brown, Inc. (Reston, VA) – Part time Pricing Intern Position
The Pricing Intern will report directly to the Pricing Manager and will assist the team on pricing for Federal, State and Local Government and Commercial proposals and contracts. The intern will perform entry-level pricing tasks under the supervision of the Pricing Manager and other staff members. Duties include entering cost data into existing pricing spreadsheets, and ensuring the timely completion of assigned cost/price proposals. This position will entail entry of estimates of direct labor, material, equipment, and other direct costs. Attention to detail and accuracy of data entry, formulas and calculations is an absolute requirement. With assistance from the pricing team, specific duties include:
- Prepare compliant cost proposals in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) and internal requirements.
- Adherence to the cost proposal process from Draft RFP through proposal submittal.
- Provide support to corporate capture team, line organizations and staff in the pursuit of new business.
Successful candidates must be pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and be at least in their sophomore year. Successful candidates must be proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office with emphasis on strong Excel skills, and must be comfortable creating, modifying and reviewing large, complex spreadsheets. Candidates should have the following qualities to successfully perform the tasks required by this position:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to positively interact with the pricing team and other company personnel.
- Possess organizational, analytical, financial, and mathematical skills to solve problems.Ability to multi-task between changing requirements and priorities.
- Requires a highly motivated individual to complete proposal assignments in a timely manner.
- This is a part-time position with flexible hours up to 20 hours a week.
Pay is commensurate with work experience/applicable courses successfully completed.
****Please apply using HireMason search for position number 77244****
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.