Are you looking to gain valuable hands-on experience in the Accounting industry?
If so, Cotton & Company has an immediate need for a motivated team player to join its audit project team as an Audit Intern. In this role, you will provide audit support at a government site in Washington, DC. This is an ideal opportunity for a second or third year student looking to gain practical experience in a professional work setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Obtaining, analyzing and evaluating data from the client to perform tests to substantiate transactions, records and reports;
- Reviewing documents and methods for accuracy and effectiveness;
- Reporting task progress to a senior, manager or partner.
This is a year-long part-time internship. The ideal candidate must be willing to work up to 20 hours per week.
Required qualifications include:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3.0 overall GPA is required.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong interest in a career in public accounting
- Must be a U.S. citizen (position requires security clearance).
If you’re looking for more than just a job, a career at Cotton & Company may be for you. We offer interesting and intellectually challenging engagements, opportunity for professional growth, a healthy work-life balance and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you share our outlook and philosophy, consider joining our team at Cotton & Company.
A recognized leader in public accounting for over 30 years and headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, Cotton & Company specializes in providing government auditing, accounting, consulting and IT services for some of the largest and most prestigious federal clients in the world.
Cotton & Company is not your typical CPA firm. Our business is the business of Government. From the beginning, we’ve relied on a single, unalterable commitment to quality. That sets us apart. So does our philosophy of work which rewards performance with fast-track opportunities to grow, as have 5 of our 11 partners who joined us right out of college. Our success rests on the professional development, integrity and expertise of our people.
We also believe that work should offer intellectual challenge, be fun, and allow for a healthy work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefits feature incentives that work. You’ll find that we’re small enough to notice and large enough to reward performance. If you share our outlook and philosophies, we invite you to inquire about joining our team. Contact us at HR@cottoncpa.com.
Cotton & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.