The Nature Conservancy – Marketing Communications Intern
Marketing and Membership
- Two years of college completed; must be junior or senior level student.
- At least one year of work experience in China.
- Deep understanding of Chinese culture, society and its language.
- Good writing and editing ability in Mandarin and English.
- Flexible, solution-oriented and self-directed.
- Experience with all MS Office suite software.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects.
- Research and consolidate best practices of conservation chapters in U.S. and other countries related to Membership Programs, volunteer events, PR events and make recommendations to the China Program.
- Research and consolidate effective communication materials, conservation practices, etc and make a recommendation to the China Program.
- Prepare a presentation of best practices and communications materials for China Leadership team.
- Participate in communication projects that introduce TNC’s strong global image to Chinese public, helping to strengthen in China a solid image based on TNC’s best practices and representative examples in the U.S. and other countries.
- Prepare stories, fact sheets, ad hoc research and studies as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Has completed at least two years of college or is at the junior or senior level.
- Excellent writing and creative skills – ability to translate technical information into simple language in Mandarin and English.
- Able to manage and complete multiple projects.
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Able to formulate and clearly communicate, and if needed, market ideas to others.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to talk with many people in an event venue, staying on message and presenting a professional, cheerful demeanor.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work is performed in a typical office setting but may require willingness to work long hours as required. Occasional work outside the office may be required.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.