Amazon Conservation Team (ACT) Headquarters – Finance Intern Position
Position Title: Finance Intern
Reports to: Finance Associate
Location: Arlington, VA
Under the guidance and mentorship of a staff finance professional, the intern will receive hands-on experience by assisting the ACT Finance Team with practical standard accounting and bookkeeping tasks. The Intern will be expected to follow ACT Headquarters policies and procedures as detailed in the ACT Employee Handbook. Without guarantee, the intern may be offered the opportunity to renew the internship for consecutive seasons or semesters.
Time Requirement: A minimum of three months or 360 hours commitment is required. During that time, interns are expected to work a minimum of 5-6 hours per day for 4-5 days per week. Schedule is flexible as agreed upon by internship coordinator, mentor and intern.
Compensation: Bi-weekly stipend offered until conclusion of internship term. Course credit may also apply
The intern will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, coding, and overseeing the timely receipt and accuracy of the accounts payable and other cash disbursements.
- Maintaining the log for donations and other cash receipts. Reconciliation of the cash receipts log with accounting system and also with the Development Department database.
- Collaborate with the bookkeeping as needed.
- Filing and maintaining documentation for cash disbursements and cash receipts.
- Participate in the implementation process of a new accounting system that will be implemented for the Country Program offices.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks including: Supporting the day to day operations of the organization, managing incoming phone calls, assisting in travel arrangements, and intermittent copying, faxing and mailings.
- University-level major or strong academic focus (concentration) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration with accounting coursework; minimum 3.5 GPA in related coursework.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting, financial analysis, and bookkeeping.
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Excel and general spreadsheet/database manipulation.
- Good English written and verbal communications skills.
- The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, organized, and have demonstrable time management skills.
- Team player, willing to give feedback and ideas.
- Familiarity with advanced fund accounting software, such as Sage MIP and Serenic Navigator.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
- A passion for protecting our natural legacies and/or native peoples.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Marlando A. Rhule, MISM MPM, Director of Technology and Operations
Amazon Conservation Team, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Amazon Conservation Team
Established in 1996, the Amazon Conservation Team (ACT), a U.S.-based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, works in partnership with indigenous people to conserve biodiversity, improve health, and fortify traditional cultures in Amazonia. ACT believes that the people who best know, use, and protect biodiversity are the indigenous people who live in the Amazonian forests. With an annual operating budget of approximately $5M, ACT operates programs in Brazil, Colombia and Suriname. We empower our partner tribes to map, manage and protect their territories, and to preserve, strengthen and promote their traditional knowledge.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.