Looking for an interesting elective which prepares you for your career? Consider a career course this Fall!

See what Mason students said about their experiences in Spring 2012.

UNIV 400: College to Career is a one-credit course which prepares juniors and seniors develop the knowledge and skills to effectively transition into the world of work, target their job search and enhance their ability to be hired.

Helps you approach the job search process with confidence: “I am no longer afraid of the real world. I think this course is extremely beneficial and maybe all students should  have to take it!”

UNIV 300: Internship/Career Readiness is a one-credit course which prepares students (sophomores or higher) to increase their marketability to employers through the pursuit of internships.

Learn how to find an internship and make the most of that experience: “This class has been extremely valuable to me – more so than I originally intended. It has really prepared me not only for my internship search but for my future career plans as well.”

UNIV 200: Decide/Confirm Major is a two-credit course semester for freshman or higher which  focuses on the self-exploration and research of academic majors and career options to help students with the decision-making process.

Upon completion, 98% of students felt comfortable choosing a major or narrowing their options to 2-3 choices: “I declared my major at the end of this course. It helped me find myself in relation to a major and a future career choice”

About Mary Byerley

Mary Byerley works for the School of Management in the Office of Academic and Career Services. She has been with George Mason University for 15 years.

View all posts by Mary Byerley

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. SOM Buzz for Week of August 27th | SOM Buzz Blog - August 24, 2012

[...] Looking for an interesting elective which prepares you for your career? Consider a career course this Fall! See what Mason students said about their experiences in Spring 2012.  Read More [...]

%d bloggers like this: